Ut Ohh

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesirecat1701

Running on empty.
Well I have been running Vista flawlessly for many months, up until now.
Just recently I had removed my 5600 to use and overclock my 5000 BE. I overclocked it to from 2.6 Ghz to 3.0 Ghz on stock voltage and booted without a hitch. I played a few hours through Crysis and run 3D Mark 06 and everything ran fine along with noticeable increases in Crysis performance.

A few days later I boot up and noticed I was sitting at the loading welcome circle screen for a lot longer than normal. Without thinking much of it I went into Crysis to begin playing. As soon as I loaded into Crysis my FPS had been cut in half. From avg 40 fps to 17 fps. I went back into BIOS and double checked it and nothing had changed since last time I booted up.

My next move was to see how much vista was bogging my core. Upon loading the sidebar, CPU-Z , PC Wizard, and Task Manager I discovered at idle something was burning up an average 62% of my CPU.

I ended all non-essential processes and nothing changed. Maybe it was the CPU so I plugged my 5600 which had never done this back in and got the same ball of wax.

I figured it was a bug. So upon going to bed last night I started up AVG to scan everything.

I woke up this morning to find myself at the Log In screen. Upon log in this is the error I get:

"Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini121408-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt"

I have to leave for school soon. Once I get home I'm going to see if these files are missing first off. Then I'm going to start stressing my hardware for failures with various benchmarks. I'm also going to see exactly where it is during the scan that AVG blue screens me.

So what i do know is that something is bogging down my CPU in Vista at idle and when I run AVG I am blue screened. What could this be?

Hmm I think I see my issue, after checking my processes i found out what was grinding down my CPU.

The Fahcore_78.exe processe from team32 :mad: using an averga 46% of my CPU, wth?! I did Google it and I found it quite useless

It was a real pita to find, now I just got to eliminate it from my computer forever and no worries. :freak:

That process is for Folding @ Home. Are you running that? If so then you should run the GPU Client. Which is on core 1.15 and is very stable. From the sounds of it you are running the CPU client which could explain why you are seeing it use that much resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom