using xp more than once

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
i foned xp and asked them about them implications of installing xp on 2 pcs, using the same coa, (cos i got it on my desktop, and i want it on my lappy) anywho, the guy said it wasnt illigal cos as far as there concrend its my licence, and its not piracy, as id be using it for my own benifit, and not passing it on to anyone.

regardless, im not sure i trust the guy, it was an oem copy of xp inicilly, and i thought that oem xp only allowed one pc, what would ahppen if i did try and put it on another pc?

btw im aware ya allowed to talk about illigal stuff, but the xp man said its not illiagl, nor piracy?

Simply put, one XP license is for one computer.

You may use the same XP install disk for more than one computer, but you must have licenses for each computer, unless you're using XP Corporate Edition.

harry18 said:
i foned xp and asked them about them implications of installing xp on 2 pcs, using the same coa, (cos i got it on my desktop, and i want it on my lappy) anywho, the guy said it wasnt illigal cos as far as there concrend its my licence, and its not piracy, as id be using it for my own benifit, and not passing it on to anyone.

regardless, im not sure i trust the guy, it was an oem copy of xp inicilly, and i thought that oem xp only allowed one pc, what would ahppen if i did try and put it on another pc?

btw im aware ya allowed to talk about illigal stuff, but the xp man said its not illiagl, nor piracy?

you can use the same xp version on 1 pc and have a backup on a laptop.

now a thousand people will respond to this and say that I am a lie, but just try it and watch

Re: Re: using xp more than once

EricB said:
you can use the same xp version on 1 pc and have a backup on a laptop.

now a thousand people will respond to this and say that I am a lie, but just try it and watch

...no no I'm sure you're 100% genuinely a real human being :D .

...What happens with Windows Product Activation then :rolleyes: ?

way back to the win 2000 days you were always allow to install a backup to the laptop. when it it activate somehow it can tell that it a laptop and not another pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom