Using my xp key with an other disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

fork

Baseband Member
Basically what I am asking is, my friend got a couple of viruses that are way over my head to remove so we want to completely reinstall windows. From what I understand, the windows disk that came with his machine, and emachine, is not really a full copy of windows. So I was thinking, I could downnload a windows disk from a torrent or mirc or whatever, but use his cd key so it is legit. Do you know if this will works, or have any advice.

also I did look up how to remove the viruses which are msdirectx.sys and xz.bat but it involves searching through the registry and deleting a bunch of stuff, and that is a littl more than I want to do.

thanks in advance

yes it will work. try to get an oem version(get the right one. home or pro). they recognize the most keys

cool thanks for the help. I just don't want to dl windows and try and reinstall it and have it not accept the valid key.

Do not use your key then there will be two hardware profiles for it and MS will identify it as bootleg or pirated. You don't want your key on that list. It's better to call MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom