Using just one CPU of a dual core processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILBB76

Beta member
I'll try to explain my problem the best I can, I'm not amazing with computers, but I know enough about them to explain this properly I think.

I'm trying to play a somewhat old game (Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield) using a 2.2ghz dual core processor. Apparently, this processor is too powerful, because the FPS in game goes crazy, and its so choppy that its unplayable. While I was in the game, I opened up the task manager, found the process, and limited it to using just one of my two cpus. Got back in the game, and it ran PERFECTLY. So that's that, but the problem is that it doesn't seem to remain that way, and every time I start the game up, I have to open the task manager and do this all over again to get it working. Basically, I want to know if there's a way that I can make it use only CPU 0 by default, rather than immediately using both of them every time I play the game. I hope I explained this correctly, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

Thanks for the link and the suggestions. After reading around for a while, I found something called the "AMD Dual Core Optimizer" that you can download. After getting it, the game works fine from the start, no need to mess around with the task manager. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom