Using an HTML file as your desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
I have created my own HTML file and I want to use it as my desktop, however I don't see the option to do so when I'm in the desktop tab under display properties? Where can I find this option, in windows XP pro 64 bit?

Open the HTML file in a browser, press (Alt+Print Scrn) to put a screen shot of just that window in the clip board. Then paste the contents of the clip board in an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop. Save that image as a bmp and use it as your wallpaper.

Open the HTML file in a browser, press (Alt+Print Scrn) to put a screen shot of just that window in the clip board. Then paste the contents of the clip board in an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop. Save that image as a bmp and use it as your wallpaper.

That's a nub way. There is a way to make it on the desktop and be able to navigate it.

Right Click>Properties

Display Properties>Desktop>Customize Desktop>Web>New

Once your done: go figure.

That's a nub way. There is a way to make it on the desktop and be able to navigate it.

Right Click>Properties

Display Properties>Desktop>Customize Desktop>Web>New

Once your done: go figure.

Pretty cool. I didn't know you can do that. I don't think you can in Vista, though. The desktop settings are different, and I can't find it anywhere.

Edit:
I just found out that they did indeed remove this functionality from Vista. Mainly because they thought the functionality of the sidebar gadgets should replace it. Also because of security issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom