User's Restore Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
csamuels said:
might as well try system restore first, then have disk imaging as another solution. After you re-image/ghost the disk back, you should remember that your system will be exactly the same as when you created the image; all current user data is lost. Also, update all software.

the best thing about that compaq (or hp) is you can restore your computer and still keep your data or you can set it to store bought condition.

it save you days of reinstalling all of your applications, when you do a fresh reformat .

csamuels said:
might as well try system restore first, then have disk imaging as another solution. After you re-image/ghost the disk back, you should remember that your system will be exactly the same as when you created the image; all current user data is lost. Also, update all software.

Only for that particular partition.

So does anybody know if there is a software that does basically the same thing? I actually looked at some exterior hardware for the purpose - yeah, for around $300.00. I'd rather try software first. I have 138 GB on my C Drive - most of it is free, so I could spare some for a partition or what ever it is I need( I'm not the most technically enlightened person you'll ever know).

Norton Ghost and Partition Magic aren't free but it's a lot cheaper than $300.00 for Hardware.
I was just wondering if anybody had tried them or any other Software that does the Restore job.
There is another reason I'm really wanting a User's Restore. My internet connection has been a nightmare for a long time.I'm still trying to get some answers from somebody on where the problem comes from. The internet cuts my computer off - constantly - once while I was posting a reply on this thread. This action messes my computer up. On the old Compaq, at least using User's Restore would get it back in shape - for awhile.

I used both Partition Magic an Drive Image millions of times (PowerQuest releases, not the Sickmantec ones). It's pretty much self-explanatory.
You can copy a partition to another drive with Partition Magic. With Drive Image you can make an image of a partition, save it somewhere, and extract it to another hard disk/partition.

TheMajor said:
I used both Partition Magic an Drive Image millions of times (PowerQuest releases, not the Sickmantec ones). It's pretty much self-explanatory.
You can copy a partition to another drive with Partition Magic. With Drive Image you can make an image of a partition, save it somewhere, and extract it to another hard disk/partition.

I fully agee. I mentioned drive image earlier.

you can find them on the net with a great discount (in some cases free) since powerquest isn't in business any more. norton bought them out.

one time last year I type PM and google and it took me to a japanese link where it was free. I was shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom