User's Files name won't change after renaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristar Mymine

Solid State Member
User's Files name won't change after renaming computer.

I changed the name of my computer, but the user's files folder on my desktop still has the name of the previous name. How do I remedy this?

I am sorry i dont quite understand what you are saying here. You renamed the Computer how? For the domain, workgroup, or just your user profile name? What folders are staying the old name? The Documents and stuff like that? They will stay the old name. Those wont change names. In order to get them to change names you would have to change the user profile name back, then create a new user profile with the name you want and then import the old profile information.

I am sorry i dont quite understand what you are saying here. You renamed the Computer how? For the domain, workgroup, or just your user profile name? What folders are staying the old name? The Documents and stuff like that? They will stay the old name. Those wont change names. In order to get them to change names you would have to change the user profile name back, then create a new user profile with the name you want and then import the old profile information.
OK, I took your advice and it worked. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom