User Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarasotamac

Beta member
If anyone has any ideas on this I would really appreciate it. Everytime I try to log onto my domain, a little box comes up and says that the user proflie could not be loaded. But I can log on as the adnin. Any ideas?

You know what, Ive got the same problem, "Windows can not load the users profiles but has logged you on with the default profile for the system"

That message?

Also I get this message right after that:

"A problem is preventing windows from accuarately checking the license for this computer Error code: 0x8007002

Rename the local Profile. ex : User.Name.Old.4.3.2006
If you are using roaming profiles, make sure you rename the roaming profile as well.

Log off then log back on. Your profile will be defaulted. Then once you have logged back in, check the Documents and Settings folder for the newly created profile, which should have created the normal : User.Name directory. This should be the same for the Roaming profile as well.

Once you have made sure that the profile creation has completed successfully, you can start to populate your new profile with the "Desktop and My Documents" folders from the "User.Name.Old.4.3.2006" Profile Folder.

do you know why this happens? Ive reinstalled 6 times and receive the same error messages. Its an IBM S51 ThinkCentre. I called IBM, they gave me the run around and then told me to call Microsoft, so I did and they didt help either. They said it was my cd

Im assuming you mean...

"A problem is preventing windows from accuarately checking the license for this computer Error code: 0x8007002

You have tried reinstalling 6 times???

Complete reformatted installs still doesn't get rid of that error Warez?

not at all. they try to tell me its the cd but thats just there way of saying they dont know what is going on either..they wanted me to call tech support for 245$! yea right.......Ill look at the link

Can you perform "repair"? Are you able to boot to cd fine? It should tell you that there is something wrong with the install and prompt for the repair. (in theory)

Here is the whole process:

Came with XP Pro from IBM

Formatted it, install XP Pro with my volume license that MS said was legit when they ran it.

Loads to the desktop just fine for the first time. Reboot, try to log in, receive both errors. Sometime it will let me into the desktop, sometimes it wont. I tried one time to use msconfig, said it was missing and could find it. So, I thought a bad install happened, so I reformatted again, reinstalled fine. This time I can use msconfig and regedit just fine. Reboot, profile becomes corrupt, then the licensing error, then usually logs me back off. Boot into safe mode, it restarts after a few minutes, tried safe mode/networking/command prompt. Windows repair does the same thing. I was able to on the 3 install to install some updates, happened again, each time I got a little farther thinking the problem was fixed. I install the AV, rebooted several time with my boss here, nothing happened. I logged in just fine. Later that day I go to log back in, same error message. So I have no idea except maybe a hard ware issue possibly? Ive tried several XP bootable CDs that I use all the time, external cd/dvd, same deal. I search for it on net, this mainly happens onm Dell system and the fix is to delelte a reg key which resets the default security provider, well those 2 keys arent in there. The drive is C:, hasnt been changed but that was the other fix if the drive letter had changed to edit a reg entry to change it back to c: but that wasnt my case. So now what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom