User Agent Screwy

Status
Not open for further replies.

boynateg

Beta member
Hey all,

I'm new here, just registered. I searched Google and my own computer fairly extensively trying to find the solution to a very frustrating problem.

Problem: All my browsers are sending the wrong User Agent. As reported by this page: http://www.fiddlertool.com/useragent.aspx, my User Agent is: User-Agent=Mozilla/4.0.

Naturally this prevents me from viewing Gmail, GoDaddy, and a host of other regular sites I visit.

The only thing that has changed over the last few weeks is that I installed Privoxy and Tor. Apparently Privoxy allows a user to "hide" his/her User-Agent. I thought this might be the problem and uninstalled both. No luck. I also changed (manually) the User Agent in Firefox's about:config as well as with the User Agent Switcher extension to no avail. In IE, I changed the User Agent in the registry. Still no gravy.

I am at a loss, and quite frustrated. Googling hasn't provided me with too much help, as this appears to be a pretty obscure problem. I am running BullGuard, which is the only program I can think would effect this. I have searched all the settings and found nothing. Do you guys have any thoughts I may have overlooked?

Many Thanks

I found the solution to my problem. I went into BullGuard and turned off "Stealth Browsing" in the Advanced configuration tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom