User Accounts in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITwannabee

In Runtime
I have a another major problem. I hope you guys can help me out. My coworkers and I always play around with each others workstations. whenever i'm out for a cigarette break and come back to my computer, they always change my wallpaper to a picture of my boss. anyways, I remember back in high school that no one had access to change the wall paper or go to the command prompt or something. So i tried to change the user Accounts from Administrator to guest. I tried many different ones but all the user accounts were able to change the wallpaper. When i gave up and changed the account back to administrator, all of my settings are gone. all the files i saved on my desktop is gone and i had to setup outlook all over again. I was wondering is there a way for me to get my old settings back? also, what can i do to "lock" the desktop wallpaper?

Thanks...

I took out the control panel from startup and disallowed the access to the properties when right clicking the desktop. Is there a way for me to stop it when they go to an image online and right click it and hit "Set As Background".

If you guys are logging in, there should be no problems. Lock the computer when you leave, or log out. When they log in, they will be changing their own profile. Whatever desktop they choose, won't reflect when you login.

gpedit.msc/
user configuration/
Desktop/
Active desktop.
That is where you can restrict desktop wallpaper changes and more.

Have a look in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom