usb problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
so my friend has an hp pavilion 7000 laptop, he had so many errors and problems with it i said why not just format, so i told him how to do it, and he did... then he called me the next day saying nothing worked, i said "did you download the drivers off of hp?" he was like.. ohh, so now the usb doesn't work, he has in the device manager those question marks under "other devices, pci flash memory, and usb controller" i told him to download the usb2.0 drivers, yes he's 2.0 compatible, but nothing works still! the external hard drive isn't working, and the printer doesn't, he says there's no drivers for the printer, but whatever, i'm more interested in getting that exterternal hard drive to work, this laptop is for his business.. any help would be appreciated =)

Are there ANY devices that fall into the "unknown device" category under device manager? I would go to HPs website and download the USB interface controller drivers for this laptop model. You should be able to just type in the model of the laptop and be able to obtain any and all drivers and/or software for it.

-Mike

he said he installed them all, currently i'm downloading updates off of microsoft, then installing the printer drivers, i deleted the "other devices" the conflicts that he had.. i don't think that they were unknown, i'm pretty sure it was under other devices...
anyways, gonna restart with printer unplugged and see if everything can be detected... if not i'll give hp another check i don't remember seeing any kind of usb controller drivers, but i could be wrong..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom