USB Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyers

Beta member
I wasn't sure where to post this question, so this seemed like a good place.

My computer is an older computer and doesn't have a USB port in the back of it..Is there anyway to get a USB port somehow without buying a new computer?

Thanks.

Major, Im running Win98..Which by the looks of the ad you posted shouldn't be a problem. So just one of the things I would want to do with this is transfer data between the computer and iPod..this would solve the problem correct?

Thanks for the help guys.

Well, before buying a card see if it says "supports Win98". If it doesn't, look at the manufacturers website for Win98 drivers for that specific card. If it doesn't, Google for the drivers.
Windows 98 Second Edition supports USB, although I am not sure it will work with any card, it should. Do you know if you are running Win98SE?

Theres an issue with windows 98 and ipods. They arent really compatible, i tried...theres a way around it but that was last xmas....Now i have xp and dont have to worry about it...google it. Or check your ipod manual too.

Edit: i had 98ME.....maybe its differnet with SE....

oh i just thought of this today...

a USB PCI card, they cost nothing, i put one in my computer and have 8 USB ports total!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom