usb port

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it do it with all the ports on the laptop or just this one? If just this one have you tried any others?

Its just this one, all others work. Its also just with the western digital hdd (i have tried a couple, and had a problem with all). I have no problem with this port with other devices.

I would say that there is a issue with that USB Port trying to power other devices like a HDD. If it works in other ports use them. As this one is not outputting enough power for it to work properly.

So this is probably a hardware issue in your opinion? Is it something I would be able to fix myself? Any idea if I could test that with a voltage detector, or could that harm my computer?

yes i would wager to guess it is a hardware issue. It could be just something like a bad solder joint. I really am not the hardware expert. I would post up a topic and reference this one in the Laptop area, or i could just move this one and edit the title.

But being a laptop something like this would be very difficult to work on as there is limited space and you would basically have to take apart the whole laptop to get to the USB ports to look at them.

Ok. I'll start a new thread there, and reference this one. Do you know if there is any diagnostic software that would let me check the power output on the port?
Thanks alot for your help

I dont know of any software to test it out. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom