USB not working - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2004, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default USB not working

I have recently bought a digital camera and have installed the correct drivers yet the PC is not detecting it. Do I have to enable my usb ports to make it work? How do i do this? Many thanks.

Old 05-22-2004, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Are you sure

Are you sure everything is hooked up right, sure its not the usb port, sure its not the usb cable... sure the its not the camera? Also try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. Also are you using the software that came with the camera... it could be any of those things. Also you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the usb ports.

Old 05-22-2004, 03:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
HONK if you route packets

Yes, make sure that the cable is connected properly, the camera is turned on and the USB ports are active.

Old 05-22-2004, 08:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Master Techie
Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher

Yep as mentioned it is important the camera is turned on. Many of the cases I deal with cameras not working with the PC via USB port is because the camera was off during install or when ready to use it after the software was installed.

If you have an OS after win 98 you will get a little pop up that says Detected new USB device then prompt you to install the software, did that ever appear?
Old 05-22-2004, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I think is ur USB port got problem. Because last time i also bought a digital camera and the PC also cannot detect my camera, after that i changed a USB port (PCI Card), then the problem will be resolved. Your USB port is it PCI card?
Closed Thread