usb not working - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 01:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Neowin.net

Default Re: usb not working

did you take the computer apart? have you checked the wiring? try removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes. then set the bios to its defaults.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to donkapone

Didn't try to take the CMOS battery, but i guess it'd be the same as setting the BIOS to its defaults, wouldn't it?

Old 04-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkapone View Post
Didn't try to take the CMOS battery, but i guess it'd be the same as setting the BIOS to its defaults, wouldn't it?
not neccesary. If I couldn't Figure out something, I would try new ideas instead of challenging the people trying to help me
Old 04-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i'm very sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude... i just lost my patience... i was just trying a lot of things that didn't work for me for like 2 days straight... really sorry again...
Old 04-11-2007, 04:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkapone View Post
i'm very sorry, i didn't mean to sound rude... i just lost my patience... i was just trying a lot of things that didn't work for me for like 2 days straight... really sorry again...
no problem. I had wierd thing happen to my computer. I could not boot from my cd once. clear the cmos would not work. taking the cord and battery out and holding the power buttons for a few seconds did work. I would try it. you haven't anything to lose. maybe your usb wires are crossed on the inside.

a pci card would also work.
Old 04-11-2007, 05:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricB
pci card...
best thing I've seen posted in this thread, really
when it happened to me, it was my laptop, wasn't an option
Case:NZXT Trinity Silver PSU:Apevia Aspire 500W UV Green Motherboard:Asus A8N-SLI CPU:AMD Athlon 64 3500 CPU Cooler:Zalman CNPS7700-Cu Video:2x eVga nVidia GeForce 6800XT (256MB DDR) RAM:2Gig (4x512 Corsair TwinX dual channel) HDD:160Gig Seagate Barracuda SATA, 200Gig Maxtor SATA III CD/DVD:LG DVD ROM, NEC 16XDVD+-RW
(\__/) This is Bunny. Put him in your
(='.'=) signature and help him on his way
(")_(") to world domination
Old 04-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yeah, i was thinking of checking out some PCI cards tomorrow morning. Though it'd be cooler if the current USB ports would start working when i`ll try the CMOS thing with the power buttons that's really weird though by the way, what cord were you talking about?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Eric, you are my saviour! I did what you told me to, and now everything's working! Thanks a million
Old 04-12-2007, 11:54 AM   #19 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

no problem
Old 04-12-2007, 12:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
Monster Techie

usb worked fine before the crash? download siw from gtopala....see if it sees your usb thingies

then you can see who you may need to look for to obtain the "correct" usb drivers, *.infs...etc

Closed Thread