USB Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb3k

Beta member
Hi,
I just bought a SanDisk 256meg USB memory stick (model: SDCZ2) and I tried inserting it into the front USB ports on my comp (a Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 motherboard w/ 2 USB ports in front and 4 in the rear) and a message pops up saying the device is unrecognizable. When I plug the memory stick into the back USB ports it recognizes/detects the memory stick normally.
What would be the possible explaination and/or solution to this problem? Any other info which you guys would need to solve it I'll try to supply.

Thanks in advance!
PS: The mobo is USB 2.0 compatible, and the SanDisk memory stick is USB 2.0 compliant.

Does any other USB device detect normally in te front USB ports?

Possibly the front ports are plugged in the wrong way on the motherboard (but usually they wont work at all if it was)

Maybe consider that the front ports are just faulty?

Doublecheck the cables from your front USB ports. They could be loose (Inside your case) Also, while you have your case open, check to see if the USB ports have all 4 pins and are straightened out. Sometimes the plastic insulator breaks off and you have the pins by themselves, they can bend out of place and short out.

What OS are you using. If you're using anything before NT you have to go to the website to download a driver......... I think.

If it were a 9x system then it would still detect and show something like "unknown device", and prompt you to install the drivers.

It doesn't work with the front ports on some computers. Your ports are probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom