USB error messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
My buddy's computer is doing this. It's an HP Pavilion DV7 with Win7. (Not like it matters much) But anyway. His card reader was giving errors in regards to his Canon AVCHD camera. It won't read the disc and we cannot do anything with the videos now.

IIRC, the card reader is basically a USB Device but there are a ton of them listed on the Device Manager.

Here's the error
sserrord.png

dvcmgmt.png

Has he checked the HP Site for updated drivers?

^ I pretty much have to do everything for him, but nothing is showing up for updates. I've been through every option I could think of, which isn't a whole lot, but I'm stumped and got tired of the errors so I figured I'd ask.

I COULD uninstall the driver and reinstall it, but I don't know which one. And it's either the card reader or the USB port. Any time we plug the camera in we get this error.

Maybe just uninstall the Camera software and reinstall it?

My Canon Rebel T1i works in Windows 7 without the Canon software. Have you looked to see if Canon has an updated version of the software?

^ I'll look into that shortly.

The thing is, this video camera has a REALLY odd file extension. Can't remember the name of it right now, like an AWS file or something really weird. I couldn't figure out how to use the included software. It only made me mad and I ended up swearing incessantly at it and finally asked here for a simple/easy Video converter and that's when I found WinX HD converter which works AWESOME! I STILL haven't figured out the included software. The original files are basically unusable outside of the included software. Great camera, but the format is such a headache to deal with.

Oh.. here it is.
Google said:
The AVCHD file extension may be .M2TS, .M2T, .MTS, .TS, .TR, .TP, .TRP, .TOD, .MOD, etc.

And I'm wondering if Combofix will work with this. -By reading that thread, but I'm no good with code. Maybe a missing DLL or something. Come to think of it, I wonder if that was the problem in the first place. It did that to me once, it tried to delete my entire firefox browser. I wasn't having that since I had a LOT of stuff saved on there.

I dont think you mean combofix as that is a spyware removal tool. :lol: But there should be something out there that can use those file extensions other than the software.

^ Not really. WinX Converter turned out to be a perfect tool to convert them to a usable file format. I'm tellin ya, it's a real PITB to use this camera. Apparently there aren't a lot of them around and the file format issue is a common problem.

I'm gonna be out of state all week, so I'll have to mess with his computer prolly next weekend.

And I read something about Combofix on that thread, so I was thinking maybe it does something I didn't know about.. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom