Usb error , device can not be recognized.

Battal Gazi

In Runtime
I am using xp professional sp 3. Motherboard is gigabyte 8ipe1000g

Back 4 usb, front 2 usb. I dont use too much front usbs and i dont know if i connected correctly but i only charge my mobile and sometimes file transfer, and no problem.

For back usbs, i use webcam keyboard and external harddrive but always they give errors.

10 minutes ago , i could see webcam, harddrive in my computer. Now they disapperared. In device manager, there are 2 unknown device. If i take off and put another place, it can work. I tried a lot of times and sometimes it became succssfull.

While external harddrive was working, it was saying "writing was unsucsesfful and had delay."

How do i understand if drivers are defected or motherboard or my devices but i dont think my devices are defected.

This was yersterday.

Today:

i installed lan, chipset and audio drivers 1 month ago.

Now it shows logicech webcam but can not recognize ext harddisk and says "can not recognize because one of usb s are not working." When i click device manager, it shows unknown device.

Also at front usb same. Can not show my phone but my phone is charging. And same error, recognize. I can not understand why unworking usb changes sometime sfront, sometimes back

Have you updated to the latest chipset drivers?

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 478 - GA-8IPE1000-G (rev. 4.x)
Battal if you haven't updated yet visit here and choose windows xp 32bit.
Try to download these and reboot and see if the problems stop.
If not check your bios revision by looking at the bios screen and update it.

I already downloaded this, when i first time installed. MAybe i should update chipset from intel's site?

WHen i connect webcam to down right, there is no problem. down left, not recognize, unknown device error. When i connect up left, it says this device can be faster in 2.0 usb. up right, on problem again.

I made one more turn and down left down right gave errors. Ups are ok. There is only keyboard and webcam now.

Last edited:
I already downloaded this, when i first time installed. MAybe i should update chipset from intel's site?

That's what I meant when I said "latest" ;).

WHen i connect webcam to down right, there is no problem. down left, not recognize, unknown device error. When i connect up left, it says this device can be faster in 2.0 usb. up right, on problem again.

I made one more turn and down left down right gave errors. Ups are ok. There is only keyboard and webcam now.

Try updating chipset drivers and see if it makes a difference.

If not, then I would try booting off of a Linux LiveCD (such as Ubuntu), so we can make sure it's not software based. If the ports act up in the live Linux environment, then it's hardware. If they act fine in Linux, then it's something software/Windows.

Now it shows logicech webcam but can not recognize ext harddisk

Can you not plug in the external hard-drive to another computer and see if Windows recognises it?

Back
Top Bottom