USB drivers problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider

Beta member
My system is not detecting pen drive,on looking in device manager i see a yellow question mark on "USB mass storage driver" and in driver information in properties of it ,it says "no information" ,it was working fine the other day before i removed my pen drive directly without stopping it first.May be USB drivers got corrupted due to that.

I have tried:
1.right click->update driver : after searching for a while it says unable to find a suitable driver for the hardware.(yes i am connected to internet)
2.right click - >uninstall ->restart system : still same problem
3.right click - > disable - >restart ->enable ->restart system :still same problem.
4.right click->scan for hardware changes: It says new hardware found but unable to install it properly,so it might not work
5.Pen drive is working fine on other system.
6.downloaded and installed a lot of USB drivers from all over the internet(including microsoft) but no solution.

System specs:
processor- Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.8 GHZ

Motherboard - Intel 82801EB (ICH5)

Hello,

DId you install the latest chipset drivers?

Cheers,
Mak

This is similar to what you've already tried, but w/o the restart.

Uninstall the usb drivers, then just plug the drive in after it has uninstalled the USB drivers.

Hello,

DId you install the latest chipset drivers?

Cheers,
Mak

I am not sure if I am having latest drivers or not but on trying to reinstall drivers from MB cd it comes up with "Already on system".

What i am looking for is some driver setup which can simply reinstall USB drivers but it is too hard to find i guess :(

This is similar to what you've already tried, but w/o the restart.

Uninstall the usb drivers, then just plug the drive in after it has uninstalled the USB drivers.

will give it a try but i doubt if this will work since if i have uninstalled drivers then it will require to restart windows to automatically reinstall drivers.

Hello,

You will need your latest chipset drivers. Those are teh drivers that control the USB ports on modern mother boards. They can be found at the manufacturer's website.

Cheers,
Mak

Tried system Restore to restore it to the state when USB was working and it worked.

Thanks for all support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom