***URGENT*** System total failure, files needed for tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad_max247

Baseband Member
:eek: i was recently deleting suspicious registry keys when i was infected with a serious virus, unfortunately this was in the folder "microsoft" and i deleted something with lowercase letters without official meaning and without a capital letter starting the name and now my system starts and then just blanks without an error screen, this also happens in safe mode, when it starts up windows with the logo, straight after in all cases, it blanks and i cant get anywhere, it just goes black. I desperately need some files off the hard drive for a presentation for tommorow which is very important, i need to restore the system somehow!

Please help!

Thanks

Max

If it is XP do a Repair install. Try to use a restore point. That will be your only options unless you take out the hard drive and put it in another PC to get the files you need off of it.

Download what? You files? Download them from where? Unless you uploaded them. What are you asking i am sorry i dont understand.

I found a disc that my friend burnt for me to reinstall windows on my laptop so now im trying that... for the restore

They have to match. Windows XP Pro with a Pro system and XP Home with a Home install. You can not switch them around. So if the disc does not match what you are running on the desktop it will not work.

hmm ye mine is pro and it says executive, i dunno, i might as well give it a go, what are the signs of malfunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom