URGENT!!! SP2 Caused a MAJOR PROBLEM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xcel

Solid State Member
Problem FIXED

Before you read this post, the issue is solved, solution is on the last 2 posts. :)

Hey all, I think the installation of SP2 caused a MASSIVE screw up on my BRAND NEW PC!
I was installing SP2 when suddenly there was some error about validationtool.dll or something occured, i just continued and about 40 mins after it finnished install i had to reboot my pc, so i rebooted and it was loading windows XP but it kept on looping for 10 minutes, so i tried the last good configuration thing, but didnt do anything. I tried a chkdsk /r in recovery console but said too many unrecoverable errors were existing.
So i re-intalled, reformatted with the XP disk and it's all well and good, it installed from the XP disk, then it rebooted, but instead of entering the XP install (the second part) it comes up with " A disk read error occurred Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

HELP. I CANT EVEN INSTALL WINDOWS!!!!
I tried everything to install windows, tried all the options but NOTHING is working. I think SP2 screwed my harddrive... or something... but in bios my hard drive is still getting detected n what not.. someone PLEASE help. ITS URGENT!!!

im making a bootable Seagate iso disk to see if i can format it with that instead of windows xp disk.

k i did a reformat on my seagate bootable disk, I sure HOPE it has some effect or else I probably am doomed!
Currently installing Widnows

K sorry 2 waste your time people :( i rly am. But looks like the windows format is super super suckage and it's finally installing. Yet again sorry for wasting anyone's time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom