Urgent!!! Need To Install Windows Right Away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazlunatic

In Runtime
Ok this is what happened. So I downloaded something and then it says that my Windows couldn't boot up because the win.ini was missing or invalid.

So then I installed Windows XP on my D Drive in order to access my C Drive. Because when it gave me a safe mode option or restore C drive to last recent settings, it didn't work. I couldn't even get into MS Prompt!

So I installed XP successfully in my D drive but its only 20 gb. I backedup files to my D drive but then I changed my mind.

I don't want to format my C Drive. I want to overwrite my last OS on my C Drive which was XP, with a brand new version of XP.

But it says that if I install two OS on a drive, it will collide.

Could someone help me!! I am desperate!!

Thanks again.

boot to xp,choose install. after that you will be able to choose repair. this will get what you want. it will keep what you have and repair xp.

The original problem sounds like a registry problem. I don't understand why you would not want to format your drive? If you have backed up your data then I don't see a problem formating it. If time is a factor you can just do the quick format option because your drive should already be NTFS. If you are trying to keep your data and just repair the os, try replacing the registry. Here is a walkthrough on how to do that.... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Oh, someone else installed XP for me, even though I was right beside him. I forgot the DARN ADMIN PASSWORD! I'm certain it was that one because I used it for everything, but for some reason, it doesn't work :S

There are tons of games and Adobe programs that will take me another 5 hours to install after formatting. Thats why I just want to overwrite my copy of OS on my C Drive.

if you have all your programs on cd. just format the whole thing and start over.

it might be a pain to install all the programs, but i doubt it will take 5 hrs.

you mean you have other accounts?

shouldn't be a problem if that's it.

pop in your xp cd and erase your drives and partitions.

then install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom