Urgent need help!

Okay cool, when should i press it though? With windows 8 you have like a millisecond before you even reach the user screen on boot-up so itd be impossible to type a key before the user screen shows up

Okay cool, when should i press it though? With windows 8 you have like a millisecond before you even reach the user screen on boot-up so itd be impossible to type a key before the user screen shows up

Like I previously said, Windows has nothing to do with the BIOS.

You need to do it during the splash screen (where it shows the Asus logo).

Alright. I have another issue that's sort of weird with my desktop's GPU. Its an ATI HD Radeon 6870 and it has two DVI ports (supports dual screens) but whenever i start my computer up, the monitor will stay asleep unless i switch the DVI cord to the other port! Would you be able to help me here with that? Also, i used IMGburn to write the CD110511.ISO file to a 4.7GB DVD.

Nevermind i fixed it and booted up the CD/DVD drive, but now its stuck on ### Loading ahci and below it says driver load done, if none loaded, you may try manual instead.

and it says to select a partition by number or gives me several options below that but i swear i have no idea what this means and i really can't tell where to go from here.

Attachments

• picture090.jpg
    picture090.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
And now i can't get it to boot from my hard drive. wtf. Telling me to go into CSM parameters and enable boot device but idk what that means or what to do. And if i just enable it idk what to do either because it doesnt boot my hard drive, it comes up with the same screen saying Reboot and Select proper boot device Or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.

Nevermind i fixed it and booted up the CD/DVD drive, but now its stuck on ### Loading ahci and below it says driver load done, if none loaded, you may try manual instead.

and it says to select a partition by number or gives me several options below that but i swear i have no idea what this means and i really can't tell where to go from here.

Select the partition Windows is installed on.

If there's a 100MB partition, that's the bootloader. So pick one of the other ones if more than 2 are displayed.

Anything that's in brackets at prompts "[ and ]" is the default. Usually it's fine to accept the default, and just hit Enter.

When you get to the prompt asking if you'd like to Reset user passwords, recovery console, or quit, pick Reset User password.

It will then display a list of users. Pick the user account you want to reset the password for.

After selecting the user account, pick the "Clear / Blank User password."

Then type "!" to quit editing users. Then type 'q' and press Enter. It will ask if you would like to save changes. Type 'y' and then press enter,and it should say it saved. After that, you can just quit out or just press Ctrl+Alt+Del and remove the disc from the tray, and reboot back into Windows.

I haven't used this with Windows 8 yet, but I know it works on Windows 7 for sure.

i noticed two failures in the list of scripts that come on my screen when i boot up CD
ata3: softreset failed (1st FIS failed)
ata3: softreset failed (1st FIS failed)

what is that?

It says Please select partition by number...
What number? I enter A and press enter to show all partitions but it doesn't show any.

There should be a number on the left-side of the screen next to each partition.

e.g.
Candidate Windows Partitions found:
1: /dev/sda1 100MB BOOT
2: /dev/sda2 50000MB

The 1 and 2 are what you would look for. In the example I provided above, you would type in 2 and press enter because that is where Windows would be installed.

Back
Top Bottom