Urgent need help!

nightelf

Baseband Member
I keep my passwords on an index card, kept safe in a fake dictionary book on my shelf that looks real. The passwords are long and complicated assortments of numbers with no paradigm and i have them that way for protection, all my games, accounts etc. etc. I come home today and IT IS GONE.
I need it to log into my main desktop computer's admin account and i CANNOT log in and do not have a windows 8 reset disc. I need someones help urgently in order to get access to my computer, please. If anyone knows ANY methods please tell me, i am in dire need of assistance.
Thank you in advance.

I keep my passwords on an index card, kept safe in a fake dictionary book on my shelf that looks real. The passwords are long and complicated assortments of numbers with no paradigm and i have them that way for protection, all my games, accounts etc. etc. I come home today and IT IS GONE.
I need it to log into my main desktop computer's admin account and i CANNOT log in and do not have a windows 8 reset disc. I need someones help urgently in order to get access to my computer, please. If anyone knows ANY methods please tell me, i am in dire need of assistance.
Thank you in advance.

i would also highly suggest against this method of keeping track of passwords...

Offline Windows Password & Registry Editor

Boot off of it, follow the prompts. Choose to clear the password rather than setting a new one.

Confused here, i am using the internet on a seperate laptop i have that is NOT the computer i am having the lost password issue on. So would this work using it on my laptop and transferring whatever it is to my desktop....but how would i go about accessing this and executing the process on my desktop if i cannot access any user on my desktop?

I would suggest keeping a copy of false passwords in a real dictionary next to your fake dictionary full of real passwords. Ensure the counterfeits are anagrams of the real ones and you are golden like a shower.
You don't think that's a tad bit overboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
Confused here, i am using the internet on a seperate laptop i have that is NOT the computer i am having the lost password issue on. So would this work using it on my laptop and transferring whatever it is to my desktop....but how would i go about accessing this and executing the process on my desktop if i cannot access any user on my desktop?

You need to burn the ISO to a CD, and then boot off of the CD on your computer you are having the lost password issue on. You can burn it with something like IMGBurn, and using the "Image to Disc" option.

You don't think that's a tad bit overboard?

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

You need to burn the ISO to a CD, and then boot off of the CD on your computer you are having the lost password issue on. You can burn it with something like IMGBurn, and using the "Image to Disc" option.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Boot off the CD through the BIOS correct? If so, how do i get to the BIOS on windows 8?
Oh. I don't pick up on sarcasm very well.

Boot off the CD through the BIOS correct? If so, how do i get to the BIOS on windows 8?
Oh. I don't pick up on sarcasm very well.

Windows 8 has nothing to do with it. It would be dependent on the computer manufacturer.

Could be Esc, F1, F2, F10, or F12 are the usual options.

One of those could just be the boot selection screen, rather than the BIOS (setup), which would be fine as well.

Back
Top Bottom