***Urgent help regarding dos***

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCC Fan

In Runtime
Can anyone provide help regarding how to format my C: drive in dos. i don't have an operation system and all the partitions are screwed up. i just need some sort of file i can put on a 1.44 floppy and run it in dos to format my C: drive. i already tried the following in dos and they didn't work:

A:\Format C: ..... it gave me this response...

Format not supported in Drive C: (or something like that)

can anyone help? i'll be googling for myself in the meantime... thanks in advance.

ahahaha, i was just saying to my self, god i hope they don't say fdisk...... i've been workin on this for the last day and its driving me crazy. i found this tutorial on google and i realized that i was missing a "/s" after "Format C:".... to the final product should look like "Format C:/s" ..... i'm going to try that and i'll tell yall how it went. thanks anyway.

yea i have a startup disk. i have a pile of disks and i've been through hell trying to get each one to work. but now i got a ney story to tell. i typed "Format C:/s" and i got the error
"Format not supported on drive C:
Format Terminated"

can anyone tell me what this means in english, and how i can fix this problem?

yea i know what you all are saying, but computers just being a "dumbass"..... i have two partitions, an EXT Partition which is using 95% and a PRI dos partition that is using 5%.... i just want to clear my C: drive and start alllllll over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom