URGENT HELP NEEDED. Dell Latitude! $20 paypal sent to person that solves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

Baseband Member
I have a good computer knowledge base but here is the problem.

I purchased an old dell (266mhz) to do laptop tuning in my car, and I got the laptop and it said to enter a CD key for XP, I entered a valid one and it locked me out and said to reinstall the product...and now I can't get my CD-Rom to function (Dell Latitude CP 24X Variable CD-Rom Module) I ran an old boot disk (windows 95 universal) and it says it can't register a CD-Rom or a Harddrive....I cannot get into bios and want to install Windows 98 (the best for using the sold software for tuning)

ANYONE TO HELP SOLVE I WILL SEND $20 TO THEIR PAYPAL

this will not be necessary nor do we (as staff here) condone exchange of money for help that ios gladly offered free) as this is a FREE help website. thank you though for the offer and I hope you haven't given your money to anyone yet....

--jak

This is somewhat not related, but what kind of car are you tuning and what kind of sofware are you running? I've seen some amazing things done with computer hardware and cars..

As for the laptop.I would get into the BIOS and check to see if the hard drive is detected as well as teh CD-ROM drive. Seems like they may be bad.

1985 Camaro with Accels 6.0 Digital Fuel Injection, using Calmap 6.32...kinda old school but I can change nearly every aspect of my fuel system.

here is a link to my car: http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/696275

This really is urgent I gotta tune for the track tomarrow night and gotta get this booger going

if you are willing to open up your laptop the cmos has a battery in it im not sure where it is tho you would have to look around but if you remove that for a couple of minutes then put it back in the BIOS will return to factory settings and you could then try to reinstall the softwares

well if anything is corrupt with your system now doing this should fix it but you would probably have to reinstalled the os and its i dunno if the cd rom would work
it could be your cd rom drive but it doesnt sound like it

On systems by Dell, IBM, Gateway etc, the delete key is not the way to get into the BIOS. Try using F1, F2, F10 and see if you can get in. If all you see at startup is a logo, try hitting the tab key to show system info as soon as you see the logo. That might tell you what key to hit to enter setup.

Try the above keys, if non of them work, try all the f keys and everything on the same panel as the delete key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom