URGENT! help me set up email in outlook (program). 2nd time this is happening

projectfear22

Baseband Member
So I was supposed to receive an email for my future job. And I didn't. I suspect they have sent it from outlook (program) instead of some internet mail site. And that might be the cause? Is it? (because I'm always checking my hotmail on the internet)

I followed these instructions to try and create the same (internet outlook site) email in the actual program rather than the internet outlook mail.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...148b23?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#step42007_bkmk (clicked on "2010, 2007" then "Set up a supported or an unsupported version of Outlook" then "Which version of Outlook... 2007" Then I read it all)

- Upon starting Outlook 2007 two exact same windows appear saying "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect. View Certificate... Do you want to continue using this server? It's Issued to: *.hotmail.com, Issued by: GlobalSign Organization Validation CA - SHA256 - G2

- My stuff is stuck in the outbox

- Aside of that it's totally empty, nothing from my internet hotmail is in it (inbox, junk, deleted, sent, nothing...)

- clicking on my email and "more settings" and "connection" it's set on to connect via LAN (by default) but should it be like that? I'm using some modem and have only this pc

- I clicked "Test account settings" on the only email account I added and this pops up: "Send test e-mail message: The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (isp). The server responded: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated"

- I have only telnet clien (not telnet server) windows feature enabled, should it stay like that? I enabled it to test port 25 in cmd.exe, it seemed to be working, I'm not sure however as I had no image to compare it to (to see if it indeed is working), Should that stay enabled or?

So I was supposed to receive an email for my future job. And I didn't. I suspect they have sent it from outlook (program) instead of some internet mail site. And that might be the cause? Is it? (because I'm always checking my hotmail on the internet)
No, that's not the cause.

You can send from whatever platform, and it should be received - unless it's caught in a spam filter on your side, or denied on their side from their Exchange Server (if they're running Microsoft Exchange, that is).

No, that's not the cause.

You can send from whatever platform, and it should be received - unless it's caught in a spam filter on your side, or denied on their side from their Exchange Server (if they're running Microsoft Exchange, that is).

It isn't in my junk folder tho, nor was the library mail from years ago.

I have no filters or rules, I guess, I didn't add anything and it seems empty

I have a lot of stuff in my archive if that matters

I don't even know what ms exc is

I added them to safe senders on hotmail, added their @smth.smth to safe senders too, added them to contacts on gmail since it seems gmail has no sender lists, deleted an extra folder I made in my inbox, gave them my original mail again and the extra gmail.

Is there anything else I can do? :/ I must make sure it gets to my mail address.

Last edited:

I added them to safe senders on hotmail, added their @smth.smth to safe senders too, added them to contacts on gmail since it seems gmail has no sender lists, deleted an extra folder I made in my inbox, gave them my original mail again and the extra gmail.

Is there anything else I can do? :/ I must make sure it gets to my mail address.
Set up a gmail account and use that

Do you know if it was actually sent to you yet?

Set up a gmail account and use that

Won't really help unless he contacted the company and told them to contact his Gmail address instead of the original address he gave :p.

I assumed he was in contact with the company. Could always just give them the new email. I guess if he doesn't have any contact info for them he's SOL either way.

Back
Top Bottom