urgent, cracking password, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrs

Beta member
I have a power on password that neededs cracking. I can't get to the floppy drive, so i need another way to get past it. Its on a IBM Thinkpad 701c Laptop. So, if any one has any knoweldge or way to get me past this password I would be Greatful.

Thanks,
nrs

Ask the owner/administrator of the laptop the password.

When someone puts "urgent, cracking password, please help" it doesn't give the best impression of why you need this. Not that we really need to know, but I don't want to help you into a laptop if you stole it or if your not a legitimate user.

Need more info.

All I can say is get the $$$$$

When the Power-On password is enabled on an IBM TP,, there is a little security chip near the cmos battery,, usually between it and the CLEAR CMOS jumper,,

When this password is set ,, and forgotten ,, there is NO WAY to get past it unless you call IBM and ask for the History of the TP,, they will tell you where it went and what business had it,, they keep good records,,, as long as you are legit,, they will help,,

BUT here is the thing ,, IBM has a tool for getting past this issue,, I mean lets face it , they built it,, but YOU cannot access this utility unless you send it to IBM and they do it for a LARGE sum of $$$$$$$$$,, Plus ,, you have to prove BEYOND any DOUBT that you are the rightful owner of the TP,, this does include an ANAL swab,,so if you have a weak stomach,, good luck!!

The other option is to have the Security chip replaced,, this costs about 250 bucks canadian,, and what they do is replace the security chip on the underside of the board,, BUT ,, they also wipe the HDD clean,, HAVE TO,, NO OTHER OPTION,,

There is a guy in Australia, who has a website that posts a little unit that you build that connects to the serial port and reads the HEX of the security chip,, you send it to him,,he translates and charges you for the password recovery,, but I cant find the link anymore,,

Search into this issue online,, you will find that what I am telling you is accurate,,

The quickest way is to change the security chip,, fact is ,, you lose $$$ and all your info on the HDD,,

Sorry for the news Mate,, I had to swallow an issue like this EXACTLY,,

The place I sent my laptop was in NORTH BAY ONTARIO CANADA,,

Not sure how close you are to there,, but it was the only place in Ontario that I could find that would do it,,

Cheers,

if i remember correctly, you may be screwed. . . I dont believe the thinkpads have a jumper to clear the bios and if the HD was secured with the password, then the data is gone unless you get the password, even big blue cannot get the data back. . . its a feature. . .

thinkpads without the passwords are just pretty expensive bookends....

HELLOOO!!!

READ MY POST! THAT IS THE ONLY ANSWER!!!

Reformatting does NOT clear the CMOS password

NEITher does CLEARING THE CMOS settings ,, all you will get then are other errors for setting the date and time,,,

READ MY POST<<

cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom