upgrading to samsung 840pro128gb

I used to use a baby gate around my desk area then just decided to put the PC on the table behind the monitor. Now he doesn't even play with my stuff.

lol I guess that would be too easy duh

I went about it the hard way now my desktop is covered with black duck tape

damn this is sweeeet. Took exactly 11 minutes to install windows fresh
Lol that corsair nova drive is so worthless i think it took like 25-30 min to install windoes on same system

But the days of installing windows 98 for 4-5 hours are still fresh in my memory

would it benefit to use that old corsair for system page file drive until it dies? I have no use for it otherwise
Instead of spinning up the dynasaur optical drives for page file all the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol that corsair nova drive is so worthless i think it took like 25-30 min to install windoes on same system

But the days of installing windows 98 for 4-5 hours are still fresh in my memory

would it benefit to use that old corsair for system page file drive until it dies? I have no use for it otherwise

Could use it to install other programs as well so you don't take up room on your primary SSD, but you still get the speed advantage of faster loading times.

BTW, optical drive =/= hard drive ;). Hard drives use platters - optical drives implies the use of optics, i.e. lasers/lenses to read discs. Hard drives use magnets to read from magnetic platters. Just an FYI :p. It's about like when people call the actual computer the "CPU" lol.

That EVO drive has a software disk called Samsung Magician. It will set up your drive automatically to the best performance if you use that. Just set it and forget it. There's also a program to run performance optimization. The software makes for some astronomical bench marks

ATTOBench.jpg

Last edited:

I can install Windows 98se within the hour these days :cool:

I wouldn't bother keeping your old drive in your machine if it's really dying. It could start causing blue screens on you.

Back
Top Bottom