Upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 05-26-2005, 03:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie

what is your macro secuirty set at?
Also, you can upgrade to Office 2003 as it really does a full uninstall of the previous versions and installs new anyway.

Old 05-26-2005, 03:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

It was set to High, so the first thing I did when I saw that error was lower it to Medium. As for Office, if it does a full uninstall during the upgrade, will it remember the Outlook configuration (server name, archive files, etc.). Thanks for the help.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

yes. It uses MSI to manage the install process. It migrates all of the settings from the previous install so that you don't have to reconfigure anything. it's very smooth.
There is also office 2003 resource kit that you should look at if you are doing wide range deployments. It's pretty cool and so easy to use. makes automated installs for you so you can run this from one prompt without doing all the clicking.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
Default Re: Upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003

Originally posted by godai73
I have a user who installed Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0 onto her computer and now everytime she opens an Outlook email or any type of MS Document (Word, Excel, etc) she is receiving the message, 'Macro Visual Basic: The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros.' I did a Google search and Adobe had a fix for this know problem with Office XP, but it did not work. I would like to upgrade her to Office 2003 to see if that fixes the issue. My question is, would it be better to uninstall Office XP first, then install Office 2003 or can I just install Office 2003 and will will remember the Office XP settings and keep her Outlook Archive files and other information of that nature? Thanks.
back when I had office xp, when that error came up I just enable macros. I trust adode.

this is how I fix a problem. I figure it out. but sometimes after I figure it out, I come to a conclusion it was better to rebuild, repair because figuring it out was too much a headache.

who care about how you fix it. as long as you fix it and you are happy.

on my business card, my claim to fame was fixing your computer without reformatting. but with all of the BS viruses and trojans out now, I reformat 7 out of 10 times now. it's just easier to do and the people won't bring the computer back with another problem.

I also partition their hard drive. 1 part is a 15 gig OS drive, the other is their document drive so that they will never lose their data on a new format, because a fresh install is the easiest thing to do on a computer. losing your data is the hardest
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 05-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Master Techie

Rip the plug-ins and com-addins out. Don't modify them.

Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Closed Thread