Upgradeing to windows 7 (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just asking, the specs you gave in your first post doesn't match the specs in your signature; different systems? Also if you're gonna upgrade to 4GB, I'll assume your going with upgrading to/with 64bit Windows 7?

Question: What are the System Requirements? How do i know if i can run Windows 7?
Answer: The system Requirements are as follows:

1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
DVD Optical Device

Along with this you can also run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. This will tell you what issues you will have with your current setup when you move to Windows 7.

*NOTE*

The Upgrade Advisor is not a end all report. It doesn't distinguish if you are going to format before you install or anything like that. It is programmed to regards you movement to Windows 7 as a in-place upgrade to Windows 7. It is just to tell you what software you are running compatibility with Windows 7. If you are doing a format and then clean install of Windows 7 then what it tells you in inconsequential. It will just be a reference point for you to know what software you will have to find compatible versions of to install in Windows 7 after you get to that point.

Also with the Upgrade Advisor there is also a site setup by Microsoft called the Compatibility Center. Can check there for both Software and Hardware compatibility.

Posted right in the topic no less than 1 inch below the New Topic button entitled Win7 FAQ.

Its for the system in my sig, just havent upgraded it, mybe i should, cheers for that mak, ill test it out and see what i get, im only geting the 32bit to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom