upgrade to XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
i ran xp pro on this computer but it was only really able to run mozila firefox.

also if u have to format your harddrive u have to save a couple of files one of them was deltree cant remember the other one, as my xp wouldn't boot from dos.

anouther thing is it took ages to actually put onto the machine nearly 2 hours (and also i had to put 98se on it twice, so it ended taking about 5 hours to get xp on it. so pick a day that you dont have to go out on.

Yeah, XP runs just fine [I was using xp with a 450Mhz processor and 128 MB RAM ,with all the themes,styles disabled..it worked well ;)].
Be sure to check the 'system compatiblity' and take a peek at the softwares and hardwares that doesnt run after you upgrade to XP.

all the hardware that i have (printer, scanner, digicamera, modem (but is programed to work seperatly from the pc), speakers) all didnt need the cd, but nearly all the cds didn't work with xp anyway, so i was hopeing it to automatically install.

may i know what the most suitable (or might the best version of XP) for home and gaming use? what risks will i meet when using this? bugs or something can majeur my hardware for improperly use?
thanks friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom