upgrade to vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have to work around the OS. I tell it what to do and it does it. Just like XP. So where is the arguement there? Vista acts just like XP does if you know how to work with the OS not against it.

I dual boot between Vista and XP. I find myself less and less in XP cause i dont need to have a firewall installed on Vista. The Virus protection is installed but pointless since there isnt any real Virues written for Vista yet. Ohh yeah and i have every applicaiotn that i used on XP installed and working on Vista.

I might be a fanboy of Vista but that is only cause i have it working for me. It does everything i need it too and i have had no problem with anything. From gaming to DVD copying to TV recording i get it all done. Maybe people need to try and work with Vista more isntead of saying it sucks and to stick with XP.

I have played around with vista for over a month, dual booting between XP and Vista. M$ broke the user interface in Vista, simple things such as network connections are much more difficult to setup and detect. It took much longer to connect to my wireless router than it does in XP. I wouldn't trust my PC to windows security software. I use all third party firewall, and virus protection. If I move to vista, this would not change.

In Vista, you no longer have as many options with windows restore. The slider bars are gone. Many of the advanced options for windows settings have been ditched in an effort to make the os dummy proof for the casual users.

Hello Linux!

However, you are more of an exception rather than the rule.

See this is yet another statment based on opinion. I have only seen about 5 people all here that have said they cant work with Vista. The other 7 forums that i Mod/Admin at there are hundreds of people just like me that have been able to use and operate Vista flawlessly.

To me this forum is the exception cause it seems that only people here have a problem with Vista and cant seem to use it. Everywhere else i go the people there love Vista and dont want to go back to XP at all.

So i dont know what it is that makes the people on the other sites i visit so different that they are the "exception" like me since we all can run Vista easily.

The other 7 forums that i Mod/Admin at there are hundreds of people just like me that have been able to use and operate Vista flawlessly.

Flawlessly, eh? Every OS has problems, even XP. Maybe if all you are doing is using IE7 and OL2007 Vista is flawless. There are many people that have brand high end PCs and have driver problems with Vista, that make working with the OS more difficult than XP.

There are different types of users, and uses for Vista. That being said every one has their own needs out of an OS, and have different definitions to what "working" is. Depending on the users needs and technical understanding, Vista could be a great OS or the worst one yet. Exactly what other forums are you browsing, the M$ forums?

It was a sarcastic statement saying that at the moment, Vista is a downgrade in productivity and ease of use for most users, especially power users as most tech forums members probably are.

ok its actually quite a good comment i have vista but i dont have any pronlems with drivers

Yeah, I would agree for the basic user who checks email, browses the net, looks at photos, and plays solitaire, Vista might be a good OS. The OS was explicitly built around that user's needs anyways. For power users like me and most people here, who want control over their PC, and want good stable drivers for things such as high end gaming, XP clearly has the upper hand.

, and plays solitaire, Vista might be a good OS. The OS was explicitly built around that user's needs anyways.

, no-one buys an OS to play solitaire
unless u are the appittamy of sad and vista is fine for gaming as long as you choose to run it as an administrator, ive played BF2 for about two months now amount of problems 0. so dont talk about what you don't know

Conclusion: You are full of crap and don't know what you are talking about.

First clue:
, ive played BF2 for about two months now amount of problems 0. so dont talk about what you don't know
First off its an EA game, that means it crashes every time the wind shifts on any OS.

Second clue:
, no-one buys an OS to play solitaire
Those who play solitaire on any OS regularly, do not game hardcore. They don't play Source games, WoW, or the BF series. I have never heard of solitaire crashing for anyone. So these casual users of Vista would never experience a 3D game crash in Vista.

Third clue:
, vista is fine for gaming as long as you choose to run it as an administrator
**Slaps Forehead** So thats why nothing was working for me in Vista, I wasn't in administrator mode. Logic concludes that admin mode has more options, thus giving the user more chances in crashing the OS, so the non admin user would have less problems to deal with.

lol...always humorous the posts from anti Windows ppl in a windows forum.

But man, to blame your ineptness on the product...i don't know. Vista works...otherwise it wouldn't be sold...and consumers wouldn't be buying...and companies not supporting (though too slow with some companies). Sigh....drivers are not the responsibility of the OS...it's the maker of the hardware...please know that. Luckily all my hardware works...thanks to decent companies...ie., Canon baby.

Someone is just trying to be sly with convincing people not to spend on new MS OS....I Buy!!! Vista that is :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom