Updating SP1 to SP2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutabare

Baseband Member
I have recently reformatted my computer (after many many tries). But when I go to Microsoft to update my SP1 to SP2, it gets an error. During the installation process, it'll cough out an error pertaining to the installation cannot find a certain file along with dllcache.dll. And if I do skip that file, the SP2 will crash my computer and performs a rollback. How can I resolve this issue?

When you did a clean install, you already had sp1 on XP and it was not manually installed through Windows update?

Yep, SP1 was with the installation CD. During the installation, it says the setup cannot copy the file wsecedit.dll in c:\windows\system32\dllcache.

I had almost the exact same problem a few weeks ago after I reformatted my computer. There's a thread around about it somewhere. It was suggested that I download a SP2 from here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System...P-SP2-RTM.shtml I was attempting to get it from Windows Update. After I got downloaded it off of softpedia, it installed smoothly. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom