'updating' ident folders on different locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

necrophyte

Baseband Member
i just made an external HD out of my old HD i replaced with a new one in my notebook and now im using it for a backup of one or more folders on my notebook (new HD).

cause those folders are quite big and contain lots of files (eg. music folder with some 2500+ music files etc.), when adding new ones to my actual folder on my notebook HD, its quite complicated and inaccurate trying to copy exactly the same ones (the new ones) to the backup folder on the external drive..

if i just select all and copy them to the external, i have to click about 2500 times "no" when asking me, whether i wanna replace the existing files with the exact files on the notebook drive, so this doesnt really make sense..

is there any way to make "no to all" appear when copying those files to the external HD, maybe in the registry?

if not, what else could i do? i tried just sorting the files in both folders (notebook and external HD) by date modified and it seemed to work when i copied the last ones not existing on the external HD, but after finishing i realized that there was suddenly exactly ONE file more on the external drive than on the original folder on my notebook..... and since handling 2500+ files i now cannot find the ONE thats not on my notebook anymore..

nobody has an idea..?

i really need to find a way to copy only the new files to the backup folder, because otherwise i would have to overwrite all the existing files every time i wanna add new ones to the backup and with 2500+ files in more than 25GB this would last a bit too long..

thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom