Updating file in Media Player... NEED HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowlyLionsFan

Beta member
New here, and appearantly not very savvy either.
I bought a Pioneer 110D DVD burner and Nero software. The Nero 6.0 will not work with it. You need to update it to 6.6. The problem is, when I try to do it it won't install. It keeps giving me a message saying "Windows Media Player, or one of it's plug-ins, is currently using a file that needs updating"
I checked and checked and checked again, everywhere I could think of and 10 places I couldn't, but can't for the life of me find any Media Player being used anywhere.
I checked in the start-up menu under "Run-msconfig" and didn't really know my way around, but found nothing being used.
The DVD burner is useless without this update! Can anyone help find out how to STOP Media Player from using ANY file or anything else that won't allow me to update to 6.6?
Please save me the $30 to have the "Geek Squad" try and fix the problem!
Thanks,
KC

press ctrl + f and then type wmplayer.exe

That will show you if anything is referencing the player it's self. Then download this program. extract it, and run filemon.exe. This will allow you to see what is attaching to what. filter for wmplayer.exe and see if anything is looking at that.

Should be able to pin down what is running that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom