Updates not configured correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robhfd

Baseband Member
After a lengthy break from the PC, i installed the latest batch of windows updates. When i PC rebooted i noticed the new updates are available icon still in the system tray and the install updates and restarts computer icon is also active.

I have lost most windows features (including control panel) and i am unable to restart in safemode to uninstall updates because there is a neverending circle of installing updates then uninstalling updates before i can get back into windows.

I am unable to access windows updater or UAC, and system restore will not work, although it does function.

Any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

Which OS are you running?

XP/Vista/Win7 if Win7 are you on the Beta or RC?

This Link here has a guide that shows how to repair the boot loader. I want you to jsut follow the first 2 steps to get to the Repair Menu where it shows the options. There i want you to see if there is a option to use a Restore Point.

If so use a Restore point. Get it back to a working state and then we can try to figure out what happened.

I cant get into the bios to change boot from cd, when i restart my PC it goes into a massive loop and takes about 20 minutes before eventually back into windows desktop, i have pressed f8 continually during that time, but cant interupt the windows updater.

p.s. thanks for you help on this one, i'm at a loss

I had a message telling me i may be the victim of counterfitted software (which i'm not) and now i cant validate my version of windows or get any more updates

This copy of Windows did not pass genuine validation.
An unauthorized change may have been made to your Windows license.
Recommended Solution
To restore Windows functionality, restart and run validation again
Before you proceed, you may want to print out or write down the URL for running validation. Restart your computer, and then validate your copy of Windows again by going to Genuine Microsoft Software and clicking Validate Windows.

Restarting and trying again just gives the same results., I have used this PC and software for over 18 months without previous problems.

I am now unable to print or use the vast majority of windows applications.

Could someone offer some advice please.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom