Update to Windows 8.1 not in store?

Kanbabrif

Baseband Member
I have Windows 8 Pro installed and there isn't an update option in store to update to 8.1. I checked and I have all the latest windows updates installed and it isn't enterprise. Is there anyway I can update to 8.1 or will I need to buy a disc?

You can not update to 8.1 if your pc does not meet the requirements. They are higher for 8.1 than they are for 8
What are your system specs, including your video and cpu?

you can try this:
1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)

2. Enter run in the search box, and then tap or click Run.

3.Enter wsreset.exe in the Run command and then tap or click OK.

Note:
The Windows Store will open after the cache has been cleared.
Update to Windows 8.1: FAQ - Microsoft Windows Help

If this is a pre-manufactured PC, I bet you any money the manufacturer hasn't supplied this PC with Win8.1 drivers anyway. I've noticed looking on HP, Dell, Acer, Lenovo, ASUS, etc.'s websites that if the CPU isn't a 3rd gen. Core-i, they usually only provide drivers up to Win8.

If the Store doesn't show the 8.1 update, that is a different situation then the update failing for not meeting hardware requirements.

Make sure that when you open the Store that there are no Store apps that need to be updated as well. If all apps are updated and all Windows updates have been applied, then try the procedure Joe C posted to clear the Store cache.

Once you are offered the option to upgrade and click on it, that's when the installer will check whether your machine meets the hardware requirements and may possibly abort the install.

Back
Top Bottom