update bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I'd say the first file is just the bios binary information update without the actual iflash install program which will be useless without it,
2. The second looks like the one I'd use with all the information you need but still must install from a full dos session and
3. The 3rd looks like the automatic install for dummies which I'd be hesitant to run on my machine as I know my BIOS is not that one.
It can stuff up your system if you install the wrong bios but most of the gigabyte boards I've had give a warning if you try to install an incompatible bios so I'm /almost/ sure intel also have a similar safeguard.
Yeah I'd say open your case, check your board info, go for number 3 and cross your fingers .;)

1. it is a recovery flash BIOS, which means your motherboard somehow lose the BIOS and not even able to POST (usually happened when it is receiving BIG surge)

2. BIOS flash when you don't have an OS or don't want to do it in OS, so you run this in DOS

3. BIOS flash in OS, windows in this case. Easiest of all

I would suggest download #3, run it, then the system will automatically reboot, don't do any reset or power down atm , wait the system to power it up and go in windows, when it reach the end of it, it will tell you in message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom