Up/down-load without reason when idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

socbar

Beta member
Hello,

this is the first time I am writing in this forum. The reason I post this is because I encounter a very strange problem with my system.

When I dont move the mouse for several seconds and the system becomes idle my pc starts to download sometimes or upload some others, with all the bandwidth it's got. The problem is I don't know WHAT is being transferred and to whom.

There is no application running (torrent client etc). Just windows... any ideas?

PS I did spyware and virus scan but the problem insists...

Hello,

By bandwidth do you mean Internet bandwidth usage? Also, how are you identifying and measuring this bandwidth usage?

What programs did you use to scan for malware? It sounds very much like you have a bot of some kind, perhaps a store-and-forward that sends out spam to the world with your IP on it. I hope I am wrong though.

Hello,

By bandwidth do you mean Internet bandwidth usage? Also, how are you identifying and measuring this bandwidth usage?

I know my adsl speed line and with NetMeter I can see how fast I download or upload. And thats full speed :) In addition, 2 other pc's that are connected to the Internet through the same router lag and cant even browse sites when my pc is doing this "suspicious" download...

Superdave I used Spybot Search & Destroy for spyware and Avast! for virus scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom