unzipping spanned zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
the .z01, .z02, are just that, no other extensions beyond the .z0*, or how can i turn on the file recognition so that winzip recognizes these files? 7zip and winrar didn't help.

There isnt a way to do what you are looking to do. If they are all part of a major archive then there is no known file extension or program for them. They are just part of another file. Which is why they are designated as the .z01 and so on file extension. I have seen this hundreds of times before.

Did you try what i said above and extract the 1 file that doesnt show a extension?

yes mak, that's when all things i showed you earlier happened, so i think it is on to the recycle bin then... :-(

Do this. Tools>folder Options. there select the View Tab and uncheck the box for hide known system file types.

Click Okay and get back to that folder. Does that archive show just a .zip file? Now right click on it and with WinRar select the "Extract to <Foldername>" option. That should do it.

If it still gives you the above errors, then the archive was not made correctly or needs special software to extract it properly or even possibly corrupt. Cause that should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom