unused space on c: drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SayWhat?

Beta member
hi. i installed XP on to 40 gig drive (C) but i now keep getting messages that c: drive is out of space. Looking on disk management i see only 8 Gb has been assigned to C drive with 29 Gb unallocated. How can i make my drive use all the space?

convert the disk to dynamic and then extend your simple volume

How To Convert to Basic and Dynamic Disks in Windows XP Professional

How to Extend a Simple or Spanned Volume
To increase the size of a simple volume or a spanned volume after you create it, you can extend it by adding unallocated free space on the same (or another) dynamic disk.

To extend a simple volume or a spanned volume: 1. In Disk Management, right-click the simple or spanned volume to be extended, and then click Extend Volume.
2. In the Extend Volume Wizard, click Next.
3. On the Select Disks page, do the following:• Click to select the disk (or disks) onto which the volume will be extended, and then click Add.

Verify that the disk or disks onto which you want to extend the volume are listed in the Selected dynamic disks box.

-and-
• In the Size box, specify the amount of unallocated disk space that you want to add, and then Next.

4. Confirm that the options that you selected are correct, and then click Finish.
The volume is extended and appears in the appropriate dynamic disk or disks in the Disk Management window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom