Unrelenting word document

Status
Not open for further replies.

petris

Baseband Member
I unplugged the PC as suggested, still this word document reappears without fail. I will periodically post/pose this question in the hope that someone will have experienced the same problem. Again, I have a document that I copied and pasted from an E-Mail into a WORD document. I have attempted to delete it again and again. Whenever I go to My Documents/file/new/ and open it I get this document from hell.

It is a collection of jokes form late night with jay leno and david letterman about bush and kerry.

1. What do you mean by "document from hell"?

2. Why can't you delete it? (I mean, what error message(s) come up, if any? What happens when you select the file in Explore and hit the delete key?)

3. Hopefully the person who sent you the email wasn't helping along a chain mail joke-message (which was probably full of spyware and viruses).

It my have been a virus but was not passed on to me intentionallyDocument from hell refers to the fact that it won't go away.
There are no error messages.
When I delete it it seems to go away until I try to open a blank word document.

sounds like what happened is the default "normal" blank document template has been changed. go to where the file template named "blank document" is, change it back to the settings you want and then save it to template format as "blank document" again.

Jakalakawhatever is right. You probably futzed up the default doc (somehow). Just clear it out and you should be good.

KooDOS for Jaka-thinga-whatsit...yeah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom