Unregistered Dell XP reinstall disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoDirenzo said:
Serial number should be like: 16 digints: Nyytt g6ggy xx7y7 mcmct lg67y (this is only a random example). It should say serial number on the holographic CD icon on the CD cover. Look.....lets make this simple. Tell your friend....bring over the CD. If it installs and I can activate it I'll buy it. If I get the message "for use only with a Dell computer" at setup say, "no thanks".......OK?
The thing is... *cough*I already bought it*cough* :D
I could try to install it, and if it doesn't work, I could get my money back. Is it possible to install XP on a partition? If so, would my PII 400Mhz, 256 RAM, 5GB partition, handle it ok, to see if it would work?
Thanks! :nerd:

can you explore the cd and name the files that are in it? Here are the ones in mine:

XP PRO SP2

CPMNENTS
DOCS
I386
SUPPORT
VALUEADD
AUTORUN.INF
README.HTM
SETUP.EXE
SETUPXP.HTM
WIN51
WIN51IP
WIN51IP.SP2

XP PRO WITHOUT ANY SERVICE PACK

DOCS
I386
SUPPORT
VALUEADD
AUTORUN.INF
README.HTM
SETUP.EXE
WIN51
WIN51IP

It has:

$oem$
Docs
Dotnetfx
l386
Support
Valueadd
Autorun.INF
Readme.htm
Setup.exe
spnotes.htm
Win51
Win51ic
Win51.sp1

Does that help?

I hate to say it, but if you have a PII 400MHz, XP is going to be very slow. It is better to stick with whatever you have at the moment, I think your spec is below even microsoft's min.

dnoch said:
I hate to say it, but if you have a PII 400MHz, XP is going to be very slow. It is better to stick with whatever you have at the moment, I think your spec is below even microsoft's min.
Actually, it meets the requirements... (At least according to talldude123) I just want to see if it will work on a non-Dell pc. I want to keep Windows 98 on this PII, XP is for my upcoming build. Want I want to know is, can I install XP on a 2-3GB HDD partition? (My 40GB HDD is divided into 4 partitions: 20GB for Windows 98, 9GB for Linux, 5.5GB empty used as storage, and another 5.5GB empty used as storage.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom