UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME 0x000000ED

Status
Not open for further replies.

airynboberin

Beta member
Computer:
Toshiba Satellite L305-S5933, Windows 7 Home Premium, Model # PSLB8U-027025, WI-FI ONLY, no cables connected other than power cord, NO upgrades other than Windows 7, NO customization. ALL STOCK PARTS. Hard drive light is on signaling proper functioning.

Issue:
yesterday afternoon i was using my computer with no issues, shut down the computer for class and came back and it was running very sluggish and programs from Firefox to simple things as Contol Panel were freezing (internet off and on) and saying "not responding". thought it was a virus and ran tons of scans including, TrendMicro Housecall, Malwarbytes, Avira, Comodo, Spybot, Windows Defender and two other scans suggested by Windows Help. NOT A THING FOUND on any program not one time. after the freezing started i was forced to shut down and restart computer via battery removal as the power button stopped responding. after a few times of that i was unable to BOOT AT ALL. no safe mode, no boot from disk, no last known good config, no repair computer, no system recovery or repair. I either blue screen and get ERROR CODE: 0x000000ED, or it freezez after the "starting windows" screen leaving me with a black screen and my pointer (which moves) but i am unable to do anything not even CTRL_ALT_DEL. please help me.

NOTE: i have read tons of other forums on this issue and am not VERY computer savvy but, not willing to pay for random things off of the internet i can just download if i do not know it WILL work.

Sounds like your install has gotten corrupted. Do you have any Win7 Media?

it was messed up this same way before i upgraded to W7, i had Vista HP and then it worked for a while, did this again, i updraded to W7 and it had been working for about two months?- before it did this again. I just have WMP12 (which is noticeably glitchy).

Okay well there is the first problem. NEVER upgrade your system when there are issues. They carry over and compound. It is quite possible that there will be no way to fix this issue now that it is an issue from before you even had Win7.

By Win7 Media i mean the DVD not a media player.

When i first had this issue i was on the phone with both Toshiba (who said it was a hard drive issue) and microsoft who told me that Vista itself was corrupted, they told me to upgrade and even sent me the disks to do so for free and walked me through the upgrade.

Microsoft outsources their Tech Support to India and they only follow a script. They are not techs nor do they know that upgrading a machine when it already has issues will only cause more issues. You would be hard pressed to find anyone there to actually know or understand Windows the way most do around here.

If you got the Win7 Media, try this:

Recovering the Vista Bootloader from the DVD - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

i def had a lot more trouble talking to the people at toshiba than at microsoft.

and thanks for the info mak, i dont know how i would get that onto my computer tho if im unable to boot it up.

suggestions? toss it and start fresh? is there any money in parts for these things etc?

Bad sectors in your hard drive. Use Spinrite 6.0 to hid the bad part from the rest of the system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom