Unlocking Win 8 passwords

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Client of mine tried setting up a new laptop with Windows 8 on it. Problem is that he did not enable local admin. The other problem that I did was forget what he put in for the password.

I need to get this password crack, but I do not have any windows 8 DVD. Client does not have restore CDs as he never got around to burning off the recovering media.

Any suggestion on how to get around windows 8 passwords? All my tricks are not working.

Since it is a Microsoft Account, there isnt any tricks that will work. I have tried several myself and nothing has worked to date.

I had a client do the same thing, i had to do a system restore to an earlier date before she changed the password.

Windows 8 is pretty secure, because you can't even get to a command prompt before windows loads without that local account password.

Short of some windows 8 password cracks that you could do (not going to post em, just google it) your best bet is to do a system restore to an earlier date before the password was set.

If you properly configured the Microsoft account with an alternative account, like a second email account, you can use this site to reset the password. To take effect on the system, the computer will need to be able to get online prior to login, such as with a saved wireless network or hardwired connection.

The Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT), which is a part of the Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP), is also capable of resetting local passwords on a Windows 8 system. Here is a quick video showing the process of using Locksmith within DaRT. MDOP is a set of utilities designed to resolve specific needs of system administrators managing the Windows Client. For more information on MDOP check out the MDOP page on the Springboard Series on TechNet.

Brandon
Windows Outreach Team- IT Pro
The Springboard Series on TechNet

You can use PCUnlocker Live CD to reset lost Microsoft account password in Windows 8. The program claims that it replaces the locally cached logon credentials of your Microsoft account, so you can log on to Windows 8 using a new password.

You can use PCUnlocker Live CD to reset lost Microsoft account password in Windows 8. The program claims that it replaces the locally cached logon credentials of your Microsoft account, so you can log on to Windows 8 using a new password.

According to their site, it only unlocks local accounts.

That has to be the dumbest idea anyone has. They posted this guide and said what the password will be reset to. That means that anyone who asks such a question about their forgotten password can easily have their Microsoft Account hacked and stolen cause the information will be there.

Think about it, they claim to reset your Microsoft Account, your online account password to your email address and everything that your life has with your PC, to Pasword123. So after the person uses this software and tries to login anyone could have already accessed the account and changed it to something else. Causing them to lose the account and everything associated with it.

That is the dumbest thing and dumbest idea out there yet. Nothing like giving someone access to your online life by having the password shared for the world. DUH! Better to just contact Microsoft and have them assist you in recovery than use something that is now broadcast to the world a risk your online account.

That has to be the dumbest idea anyone has. They posted this guide and said what the password will be reset to. That means that anyone who asks such a question about their forgotten password can easily have their Microsoft Account hacked and stolen cause the information will be there.

Think about it, they claim to reset your Microsoft Account, your online account password to your email address and everything that your life has with your PC, to Pasword123. So after the person uses this software and tries to login anyone could have already accessed the account and changed it to something else. Causing them to lose the account and everything associated with it.

That is the dumbest thing and dumbest idea out there yet. Nothing like giving someone access to your online life by having the password shared for the world. DUH! Better to just contact Microsoft and have them assist you in recovery than use something that is now broadcast to the world a risk your online account.

I think you misinterpreted how it changes the password. It doesn't change your Microsoft Live Account password. It changes the locally cached password.

If you weren't connected to the internet to login to your account that's linked with your Microsoft account, how else would you be able to get in? It has to cache that password somewhere to authenticate. Just like how a domain system works if you're not connected to the domain network (after logging in at least once); you can still login to your domain account because the credentials are cached.

So it's not messing with the Live Account, but it's just touching the cache. So if you disconnect from the network, run this tool, and login with Password123, it will authenticate with the cached credentials rather than the Live servers.

If you weren't connected to the internet to login to your account that's linked with your Microsoft account, how else would you be able to get in? It has to cache that password somewhere to authenticate. Just like how a domain system works if you're not connected to the domain network (after logging in at least once); you can still login to your domain account because the credentials are cached.
1. Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) - Microsoft Windows Help
2. 2 Easy Ways to Remove Windows 8 Password - Windows IT Pro - Meet the Forum Pros | Microsoft Forums | Windows IT Pro - General - Off-Topic
I don't know if this may help or its in the final build of 8 but this seems similiar to that of windows 7. :/
Hell if I forgot my password win7 won't let me back on even with usb drive properly setup first with iso or disc.
I'll come right through the back door in safe mode and reset it if necessary.
In all honesty I don't know why microsoft makes somethings so damn complicated with 8.
I fully understand why PP gave up on 8 but its a give or take. >_>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom