Unknown XP crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parameter Validation
All spin lock, IRQL, and pool allocation calls the driver makes receive automatic parameter validation. This means that checks are made to ensure the following things:
A raised IRQL really is a raised IRQL (the current IRQL is less than the target IRQL).
A lower IRQL really is a lower IRQL.
Double release of a spin lock.
Spin lock acquisitions/releases are made at the proper IRQL.
Paged pool allocations/frees are made at the correct IRQL (APC_LEVEL or below).
Non-paged pool allocations/frees are made at the correct IRQL (DISPATCH_LEVEL or below).
No random (uninitialized) values are specified to these application programming interfaces (APIs).
Pool Allocation Injection Failures
Pool allocations that are not marked MUST_SUCCEED by the driver can be randomly failed to ensure the driver can correctly handle a low memory situation.
Pool Being Freed
All pool being freed is examined to ensure no pending timers are inside the pool allocation as these cases would cause extremely hard to track down system crashes.
Pool Leakage Detection
All of the driver's pool allocations are automatically tracked. At driver unload time, a bug check occurs if any of the allocations are not freed. You can then use the !verifier 3 kernel-debugger command to show all the allocations that are not freed. You can also use this command before unloading to view the outstanding allocations the driver has at any point in time.
Driver Unload Checking
Driver unload checking is performed to catch drivers that unload and do not clean up resources used (which increases the possibility of a system bug check shortly after the driver unloads). Resources that the driver may not delete include look-aside lists, pending deferred procedure calls (DPCs), worker threads, queues, timers, and other resources.
I/O Verifier
If you turn on the I/O Verifier flag using the Verifier tool or the VerifyDriverLevel registry key (for more information, refer to the "Enabling Driver Verification" section of this article), some I/O Manager verifications are turned on. This includes:
All IRPS allocated through IoAllocateIrp are allocated from special pool.
Checks are made in IoCallDriver, IoCompleteRequest, and IoFreeIrp to catch driver error messages.
All I/O Verifier failures bug check with the code DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (0xC9).

All this means is either a bad Video Card/or bad video card driver............try unistalling and reinstalling the drivers if that doesn't work it is the video card.....

who knows, the error also deals with different sound cards as well. I have had the same error types and have used both methods to fix it. I just pulled my answer from our known issues database. I hope it helped?

I would like to cast my ballot to the bad video card/video ram,, I had a GF 256 32mb card and received EXACTLY those errors,, I thought .. oh,,, driver,, got the latest and greatest,,, Nuthin'!

My fix was to get rid of the HEAT,, I bought one of the GF vid card cooling kits,, went online and got a fantastic step by step with pics, and did the job,,

Lockups, freezes still occurred,, but at least I could now clear a level after an hour or so of play (MOHAA / SpearHead)

Ended up replacing the card, GF 4, issues GONE..

Here's the funny thing,, gave the card to a buddy (amazing what a couple of pints will do) and he put it into his PIII 933,, and has NO Issues at all,, card runs fine,, He is TRUE INTEL,, I am TRUE AMD...Hmmmmm?? (got an Abit board too)

???

cheers,

OK thanks for all your help guys i did clear my Det drivers and then installed them again and i get a good hour or so of play before it decides to crash.
So yeah i think i'am due for a new vid card anyway maybe a Radeon 9500 if all goes well.
Cheers

Kei

i got the same prob and i got a geforce 2 mx/mx400 and i get this blue screen when i use the graphic card but when i leave the pc alone and i don't use it it doesn't appear... i get usualy when i play vietcong, warcraft, need for speed,nba and others ... can u tell me how to fix it? i got a p4 2.4ghz and a AC'97 sound card
EVERYTHING IS UP-TO-DATE
I WANNA FIX THIS PROBLEM

3 Games Crashing to Desktop

:( similar probs here m8ys, I'm using XP! home. I ve had a Gforce 2 for 12 months on a Sony Vaio PCV 302 2 gig. No problems, i Upgraded to an FX 5800, and have no problems until reciently.

I used to crash out to desk top after an hour or so of play, but this got more frequent. Now it can take 10 minutes. and then straight away after restarting (safe mode or normal) I get the same eror in the CoD demo, of 3DMark03.

I swapped my card for my old Gforce 2 and the problem was resolved. I used my wifes card FX 5600 and the problem was back. The difference was the AGP voltage. I also tried my card in my wifes machine, 3.2 gig advent machine, and it worked fine. Dont dump your cards just yet!!

In XP there is an event viewer, right click MY compter and click manage, you'll see the event viewer option , select applications. Well, i get 2 erros everytime with a resulting event 6 and 7, (0) not very helpful!!

So without resolution to this problem, i ve had to go back to the old Gforce 2. The problem has now serfaced here! ???

Ive changed my memory added new! aswell. (1024)

Ive reistalled my operating system from scratch aswell, Makes no difference. I think it could be a service pack from Microsoft thats done it!! ? maybe.

My wifes machine has also adopted the same symptoms. Same 2 errors too. This is a bigger problem than people will admit. i think its all the same thing, and the sooner we find out what the better. I will post a few links when i find them, about electronic death of motherboards, and AGP voltage. Intersting stuff, but my card Manufacturer doesnt seem to think that uping AGP voltage on the motherboard will fix it.

Hope you guys have some feed back on this.

Regards

ted

xp probs

Wow! cant belive my thread has been dragged back up after all this time.
Anyway i fixed the problems i was having by simply getting a new gfx card like i was advised on these very forums. I had that geforce 2 for going on 5 years and i dont think it was doing my system any favours at all.
It might be a problem with geforce 2's and XP since so many people are having the same problem i was having!
Anyway i know what your going through it made me so mad when my games crashed every 10 minutes. I hope you get your probs sorted. Only advice i can offer your is to get a new gfx card.

Teds problem sounds kind of wierd. I think you may well be onto something about the service packs. I remember when I installed service pack 1 on my old hard drive with XP it slowed my system down to a halt and had numerous problems with choppy gfx and such like.

Kei

Sound very familier,

Been going through my pc looking for various issues memory, IRQ's, drivers, sound card in- sound card out. More reboots than the British army.

I think I shall have to buy a new card Geforce2mx/mx400 free to a good home. (when I replace it).

I experienced similar issues for my PIII. But when i installed an additional system fan to it and stop using the drivers that Nvidia provide and uses the XP Pro's device drivers instead, i never experience such issues anymore for my MX440 GF2.

Well if you guys are sorted, i'd stick with the your cards, the new FX cards seem to be nothing but trouble!! I'm going to get my card tested, if it works, i might get a new towers PSU and mainboard! sumet beefy!!!

ted:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom