unknown device

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
hi guys ive now install a fresh copy of windows on my formatted HD and now im ive come to a problem, in device manager im installing all the drivers for the hardware except for on device which i havnt got a clue what it is its under "other devices" and its called "PCI input device"

Right Click and go to Update Driver and let Window's try to search for a driver for you.

Might not find it, but it's worth a shot.

Did it find all your devices? NIC, video, sound, modem etc.? Try downloading Aida32 and see what your hardware is then you can hunt for drivers.

yeah ive tried to let windows search for a driver but no luck and i have installed all the drivers for sound, graphics, usb, printer etc etc

i know what it is its my game port ive tried to install it in device manager by inserting my disk but it says "windows encountered problems installing your driver software for your device" and ive been on creatives website found the drivers for my sound card installed it on my computer and it installs fine in windows but i want to install the drivers in device manager aswell but to get rid of that Explamation mark

IT depoends. Most cards with game ports, including my Creative card, dont install the game port drivers. That is the fault of the people who write the drivers.

I am guessing that the disc is for XP not VIsta. HAve you tried ot install using XP Compatabilty mode.

Insert disc. Go not autorun. Computer>CD Drive>Rightclick>Properties>compatability tab>check boxes for XP SP2 and Run as Administrator.

See if that does anything. If Windows Update does find it and the drivers from the site and the CD dont work. You will have that question mark till the drivers get written for the device.

ive read up that microsoft no longer supports game ports no more and i extracted all the exe files and yet no joy i still can install in device manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom