unisntall then installing diff vers of xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmaia

In Runtime
So I just built my computer and I don't think the home xp cd from my old dell even exists anymore. SOOOO I am currently using a friends windows and just not registerring or validating it. So I'm getting a breand new windows cd in a few days or getting one delivered from dell. SOOOO I arise at these questions:
1. How do I uninstall windows to completely clean disk with no remnants, so I can act as though this windows was never on the computer and its a fresh build.
2. Will the dell windows cd work like a normal xp cd or will it be gay like other dell stuff.

INFO: I currently have windows pro xp which is what i want to remove, and I will either buy or get windows xp home from dell.

DISCLAIMER: I know similar topics exist, infact I did a search but nothing directly parralled my problem from at least the first few pages of my search, sorry but this is rather urgent because I want to get off this pirated windows asap so my friend doesnt get sued :|.

TY!!

If you load the WinXP CD while you are still using WinXP, it will not let you install if you the current version is newer then the CD version, this is call an upgrade. Best bet is to reboot with the CD, then delete the current partition, then create one and format with NTFS. Deleting the partition and formating will get rid of OS. This is call a clean install.

if you get the right dell xp cd (like the one that I got) you won't even need to activate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom