Uninstalling Microsoft Office 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giano

Solid State Member
Not sure if this is the right place for this but help would be appreciated.

I bought a version of Office Professional Plus 2010 that had 32 bit and 64 bit downloads. I didn't realise I had to uninstall a trial version for it to work, having downloaded the 32 bit and having the setup failing. I have since uninstalled the trial version and downloaded the 64 bit verion of the same version of office but when I try to reinstall it, it says it cannot run because the 32 bit version of the same software is already installed.

(Bear in mind I'm not great with computers, but I have Windows 7 64 bit I think, which I didn't realise at first with the 32 bit version)

So I went to uninstall the 32 bit version in the control panel but when I do it says "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system".

So I tried downloading the "fix it" thing but when that opens a small black screen detailing its progress it says "Insufficient registry access permission - ... " and it disappears before I can read the next line.

So now I can't uninstall this 32 bit version that doesn't even work, the 64 bit version I downloaded wont run because of it, and the 32 bit version I originally downloaded always fails in setup. I also think I made a hash of uninstalling the original trial version so I don't know if I have any lingering office files preventing install. I've looked around but found nothing quite right and I don't want to risk deleting something important by mistake so I wanted some more specific advise.

Again, appreciate any help.

First off, let's be certain of which type of OS you have ;).

Right click on Computer, select Properties. Under "System" you should see what type of system it is.

Example:
zxjf45.jpg

Sorry I should have specified.

Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Inspiron 1545
Rating: 3.4
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4400 @2.20GHz 2.20GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00GB
System Type: 64-bit operating system

Btw, when the fix fails at the black screen, after saying I don't have registry permission it says "remove temporary registry entries" if that's any help.

Yeh I'm the only account. It does show up in the programs and features page. But if I try to uninstall it from there it says "The language of this installation package is not supported by your system". That's why I tried the fix it tool.

Thanks, but that's the fix it tool I've already tried. It comes up with "Insufficient registry access permission - remove temporary registry entries" when I try and install it. Given that I'm not hugely computer smart I don't want to mess around with registry entries or keys or whatever when I don't know what I'm doing, so any help here would be great.

Hmmm, can't find any other solution at the moment. Might as well see if this last one works, not sure if you would like to go try it or wait on more responses.

How to manually uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature

That applies to 2007 as said, but read up on it and it also seems to apply to 2010 as people have solved similar issues as your having.

Edit: If you did not try the solution above as yet, may be you can give IObit Uninstaller a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom